View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 02:30 AM   #10
blancla
YT 1000 Club Member

I am so sorry that you are going through this. But I would recommend that you get several opinions before you make such a large decision.
I had endometreois (sp) too. I was in my early 20's when they found it. I went through the lazer surgery to remove it. It helped for about 3 years. The good news for you is that if you have that done, you can have a baby. Being pregnant actually stops it from growing. The birth control shot that lasts for 6 months, I think, is a good option too. It will stop you from ovulating and will help with the symptoms.
I had my hystorectomy when I was 28. I had two children though. The doctor said that since I had my tubes tied it would be the best decision. Some times I regret it because I didn't get to have a child with my 2nd husband. He understands, and I am very lucky that he has accepted my children as his own.
Since I have had it done, I do have some issues with hot flashes, but it's nothing compared to the pain that I was going through before. The sex doesn't hurt any more. It's actually very nice. The first year though, was kind of tough as your body is going through a lot of changes. You might experience some unusual dryness. Hope I'm not being too graphic.
Good luck with your decision, keep us up to date.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!