View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 02:55 PM   #12
nana911
threadkillin' 6 pack
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen in nj View Post
A very dear friend of mine bought a "yorkie" from a repudiable AKC breeder and after lots of discussions she had a dna test done on him.. she paid a bundle.. something I Could never do..LOL to find out that her AKC yorkie is a silkshire, half yorkie half silkie, and after comparing her boy to mine I keep telling my hubby I think Harry is one too but he keeps pointing to his AKC certificate and telling me I been reading way to much on that..LOL Harry Two is 6.5 pounds and really silkie hair, but his little body is more longer than Prada who is AKC yorkie registered too.. so lately I think that PAPERS mean nothing as long as they are HEALTHY.. only for Show I would be concern and I am not doing that anytime soon..LOL
hugs,
carmen in nj
I'd just about bet your reputable AKC breeder had no idea she was breeding a silkie with a yorkie. She had a silkie with AKC yorkie papers, so what did she know. If she wasn't breeding for show and doing what some of the breeders on YT do, meaning meticulously checking standards and lines, etc... then she probably didn't have a clue.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!