View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #3
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

My girls are trained to go inside on pads and outside in the yard. The pads I use are called 'OUT' brand...they are the extra thick training pads, twice the absorbancy and twice the odor control and they are also leak proof. I bought one of the trays that holds the pad in place, not the thin one but the heavy duty one...it really holds the pad in place well and keeps anything from touching the floor in case they would tear the pad when scratching their feet. I have had as many as 7 using the pads, 4 adults and 3 puppies, and I have never had an odor issue with this brand. There is also a brand from Petsmart...I can't recall the name but they are in a yellow bag...they are also very good.

Are you using the scented training pads? If so, they are treated with something that attracts your puppy to the pad to go potty and that could be part of the problem.

P.S. For a long time I was a proponant of using the washable pads, and I do have some, but all they did was train my girls to pee on my rugs around the house. Once the learn to potty on something soft like the washable pads they will seek that out when they need to go...the disposable ones are actually much better.

Last edited by my2boyz; 09-17-2009 at 08:10 AM.
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!