View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 05:28 AM   #1
TeresaM
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Rain Gracie Ruth needs some get well vibes

Poor G has some type of stomach/intestinal bug and is feeling a bit under the weather today. She could use some get well vibes from her YT friends.

I came home from work yesterday & we all go outside as usual. She immediately starts grazing. She's always been a bit of a grazer so I didn't think anything of it at first. But she just kept after it & it finally dawns on me that she's eating more then usual. I go over to her & then can hear her tummy gurgling and rumbling. So, being the good momma that I am, even though it's sprinkling, I'm standing out in the back yard plucking grass leaves for her. I figured she'd eat some, throw up and then feel better. Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. She wasn't feeling any better after she threw up. Long story short, she seemed to be getting worse, so off to Dr D's for a look-see. She had a slight fever, was dehydrated and had a lot of tummy rumbling going on, but no blockage that Dr D could feel. He gave her some fluids, a shot to help with the nausea & an antibiotic. Some special can dog food to help ease her tummy back into working and antibiotics to take for the next few days. Oh yeah, and this has a good chance of ending with a raging case of diarrhea. Great... Oh and also, she may be contagious so keep her separated from the other 2. Wonderful... So G & I sleep in the study last night while "da boys" (DH, Boo & Yogi) get the nice big, soft comfy bed.

I'm working from home today so that I can keep an eye on everyone. Don't know if it's just my usual paranoid self, but Boo seems a little off this a.m. too. Hope not.

On second thought... I need prayers from my YT'er friends! Yogi, was that you that just sneezed?!?! lol
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!