View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 10:08 AM   #1
Gypsy & Me
lovin my girls
Donating Member

Default Why I've Not Been Around...

Thank you to the people who have sent me messages both on and of YT to see how I am and where I am.

I'm actually in the process of moving house and I only have a two week overlap with the properties and there's a lot to do on my own. I have all the old house to empty and clean and the new house to put everything away and it's just so slow going.

On top of that I've been having issues with my (old) neighbour.... when I first moved in their dogs would bark at Gypsy and they wouldn't tell them to shut up. I couldn't even open my back door without them barking. As a result Gypsy would bark back and when I got Kayla it took a matter of weeks before she caught on and started barking too. I've always told my girls to be quiet, tried different techniques etc, about 10% of the time I could let them out with no noise what so ever but then eventually they would bark back.

Two weeks ago my neighbour started making remarks, in the previous 18months he's never said a word other than occassionally shouting shut up or throwing stones at the fence to scare my girls to stop them barking, needless to say the stone trick DIDN'T work! I'd hear remarks about shooting my girls, having them PTS, etc, all with cuss words. Then last week, Thursday, the day I was getting the keys he started shouting at me over the fence, calling me names, blaming MY dogs for the barking, then rounded off the tongue lashing with calling me a "f-ing thick c***" before slamming his door! Later that night my neighbour from the otherside told me how she'd heard what he'd called me... from inside her house! That's how loud he shouted at me.

Friday I moved out... mattress on the floor in the front room, took my girls and had no intention of sleeping in that house again and being there next to him.

Saturday my furniture was moved up here but my friend with the van didn't have time to bring my rabbit hutch up so Tye had to stay down there. Not really a problem because I was going to have to be back and forth between the houses moving the things from under the stairs and spare room, cleaning, etc.

Sunday was the day planned for sorting the grass at the new house so Amelia could play outside and the girls wouldn't be walking through really long grass... except someone broke into the shed at the old house and stole the strimmer and extension cable! The house was secure, no forced entry, the fence between me and my nice neighbour isn't accessible but you could clearly see where other neighbours fence had been climbed over! I hoped that was going to be the end of it, he's stole from me, made himself feel better about my "problem dogs" and managed to p!ss me off... game over... right?

Wrong!

Monday and Tuesday I was back and forth. My friend was down there with me Monday while we sorted some stuff in the spare room and Tuesday we had a van down there. Again my friend didn't have time to move Tye and her hutch so it was arranged she was going to be collected at the weekend and being as I still had things to do at that house she would be fine.

Today I go to the house to give her food and water and check on her. As I pull on my driveway I see next door near his car, he looked at me and smirked and went inside. I go in the house and there is a notice from the RSPCA, (Animal Welfare), saying they have taken my rabbit because it's been neglected!!!!!! I phoned them and I'm waiting on the officer who took her to phone me back, which could take a couple of days. They basically already told me it's unlikely I can have her back though because I've neglected her!

I've never neglected any of my animals, they have always been pampered and spoilt even Tye! I'm so angry, upset, stressed, etc, etc....

So yeah, moving isn't going very well.... and that's why I've not been around.
Gypsy & Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!