View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 09:34 AM   #4
Yorkiedaze
My hairy-legged girls
Donating Member

Every so often my Razael, who by the way is very playful anyway, will do the "purr-growl" and nibble at my toes when I go downstairs. I think it's when she hasn't had enough attention and play. I simply pick her up (not saying a work or even looking at her) and put her down at the bottom and walk off. These episodes must be working because she rarely does it now.
Mine were totally trained not to go out the door, but Azrael and Razael go totally deaf if the door is opened and they hear the UPS truck anywhere. One day a package was left by the UPS delivery man and when I opened the door, he was just pulling away and Azrael gave chase and I nearly had heart failure. She would not listen to me till he was almost a block away, then she turned into the left lane to head back and another truck that had turned right into our street nearly hit her. After that, I just put an expen around the inside door. Better safe than sorry. Some dogs won't break their training at all, but some do. You just never know.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!