View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 11:25 AM   #5
blancla
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
How did you just register your adults? I don't understand you found out you could register you adults by doing research. Did you have their original papers.? On the papers you used to register your adults there is a little square that would have been darkened out of your adults were sold with limited registration. If your adults were sold with full registration then the pups can sold with either full registration or limited. If either of your puppies parents were sold with limited registration then the puppies cannot be registered at all, at least that is my understanding.

Also, once you get the registration papers on your adults then you can register the litter online through AKC's website. I love using their online registration system because you get the papers back a lot quicker.

You can also call AKC if you have any questions about the papers on the adults. They are always very helpful.

My dogs were sold to me with CKC registration papers. AKC has a research department that will research the lines of your dog and see if it can be registered with AKC as long as the line has not broken. See below:

For a dog with papers from a non-AKC accepted domestic registry
AKC has a new program where we are researching pedigrees of dogs that do not have AKC paperwork to determine if the dog comes from AKC registrable stock.

In order to determine AKC registration eligibility, you will need to send AKC a copy of your dog’s pedigree, registration application and/or registration certificate from another registry. You can also submit documentation provided by the breeder such as a contract or bill of sale. The dog may qualify for registration if the pedigree shows no break in AKC lineage and the dogs in the pedigree originate from AKC registrable stock.
Should the dog be deemed registrable, AKC staff will register the dog in question for $30. All late fees will be waived.
When you submit your paperwork, please include your name and phone number. You can submit the paperwork in one of three ways:
Fax the information to 919-816-3770. Mark it attn: Registry Research.
Email images to altreg@akc.org. Place Registry Research in the subject line
Mail to:
AKC Registry Research
Attn: Special Services
8051 Arco Corporate Drive Suite 100
Raleigh, NC 27617

This is what I did and found out that they could be registered as AKC. Now, I have contacted AKC and the customer service rep said that I would be getting a full registration. So that means that I can sell the puppies as AKC instead of the CKC which I wasn't fond of doing.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!