Thread: New Puppy!
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 09:32 AM   #6
suzieqnova
Senior Yorkie Talker

Yeah! We get our furbabies the same day!!! Our furbutts name is Emmitt. Our family is die-hard Cowboy's fans. LOL! We are so excited and the closer it gets to the 25th the longer it feels.

We bought a small crate off of craigslist that we will use to crate train him. We will also use pee pads since my hubby works fulltime and I work 5 hours a day part time. We will use a small excersise pen and link it to the front side of Emmitts crate.

His breeder has him on Royal Canine #33 and we decided to continue this diet with extra fresh treats added (cooked chicken breast, cheese, yogurt and cut carrots). We will use the cheese, chicken or carrots for training. Whichever seems to get his attention

We already have a schedule together for him that we hope he can adapt easlily too.
-7 am. potty time, than breakfast and out to potty after he's done eating. -8 am playtime before work and by 9:15 in crate. I will have water and dry kibble available to him in his excersise pen while I'm at work.

-2:30 pm I return from work and it's out to the bathroom and of course hugs and kisses .

-3:00-3:30 training. Bathroom and more playtime!
-3:30-4:30 playtime with the skin kids.
-4:30 pm he will have his 3rd meal of the day and than out to the bathroom.
-5 pm playtime if he would like.
-Around 6 pm I start dinner and it's crate time while I'm cooking. I will take him to potty before I serve dinner. Than it's crate time once again until we are finished.
-Once dinner is through it's out to potty and back in crate till I have the kitchen clean.
-Out to potty once kitchen is clean and it's playtime until bedtime!
-Bedtime is 9:30 the same time as the skin kids.

Now let's see if we can stick with the schedule I potty trained my two girls right before their 3rd birthdays with the 30 minute method and it took a week. Now Emmitt is a puppy and I have never used this method on a animal so we will see how it works out.

Do you think every 30 minutes is too long for such a small pup to wait?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!