View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #13
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl19 View Post
Well I'm going to do this, should save a lot of money. Does anyone use less then the amount it's called for. (only a little bit less) so they don't get sick. And if you do does it still work well?
Ladyjane why not ebay? Is the fronline different on ebay then from a vet and how about like pet meds and other internet pet stores.
I do not buy any heartworm or flea preventatives anywhere but at my vet. I was talking to a drug rep one day who told me that if you purchase Heartgard from anyplace but from a vet, the company does not guarantee it. These things can be coming from anywhere..and sometimes they are out of date. Dr. Foster and Smith is ok he said.
My vet is no more expensive than those other online places anyway. She keeps her prices low so that people don't shop and get things that might be harmful to their pets.
I sometimes do use less, but honestly I have never had a pup get sick from flea preventatives. The only issue I have ever had is an occasional pup who has some skin reddening from it.
I have the doses if you need them, but I still recommend that you check that out with your vet.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!