Thread: Dog Park Blues!
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #10
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespandp View Post
Well my DH and I recently moved into these new condos, well down the street ( about a mile 1/2) they built this wonderful dog park. They have 3, a small dog park, big dog park and then another little one..I walked Peanut to the park and no one was there so I took him in....ergh all he did was sniff everything and lift his leg on everything!!! I mean everything!!!! He loves loves to run in the grass...when we are at anyother place in the grass that no dogs have marked he will run and play with his ball with me.. When we are at the dog park all he does is sniff and pee on everything!! I try to play with him and he will do it once and then sniff something and ignore me!!!

Then we went over to the small dog park..he acted the same way lol Then this older lady came in with a maltese, Well the maltese stayed over by the owner, wanted nothing to do with Peanut, then this other lady came in with like 3 chiuahhas...one of the chi's ran right up to Peanut and snipped at him!! Luckly Peanut is fast and moved away!!!

I am starting to get sick of the dog park, I wish he would run and play, but he doesn't and it happens everytime we go!! lol

Do you guys think maybe the dog park isnt for peanut??
DH HATES the dog park he says "all it is, is letting your dogs run around in other dogs piss and poo!!"

ergh! I am frustrated.. Do any of your furbabies act like Peanut?? or is Peanut a special one!! I see"Brister" Jackson in his pics and he LOVES the dog park!!
Awww, more little Peanut.

Ya know - I really think it depends on the dogs at the park, too. The one I usually take Jackson to is rated like #2 or #3 in the country for dog parks so there's always dogs there that Jackson loves and runs and plays with. But when I take him to this other smaller park... sometimes he just won't click with any of the dogs, and kind of prefers to sit back and watch everyone else (which still tires him out - hence why I take him!)

I think I'm also just lucky that I'm in an area with such nice parks. The one I generally take him to is just really nice, all the people are generally really friendly as are the dogs. So I think it's just a great atmosphere and that's why Jackson has SO much fun. He just loves other dogs though no matter where he is! He's a social butterfly.

I think dog parks are a really GREAT thing if they're nicely set up, and depending on the people/dogs who visit them.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!