Thread: Dog Park Blues!
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #8
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespandp View Post
Well my DH and I recently moved into these new condos, well down the street ( about a mile 1/2) they built this wonderful dog park. They have 3, a small dog park, big dog park and then another little one..I walked Peanut to the park and no one was there so I took him in....ergh all he did was sniff everything and lift his leg on everything!!! I mean everything!!!! He loves loves to run in the grass...when we are at anyother place in the grass that no dogs have marked he will run and play with his ball with me.. When we are at the dog park all he does is sniff and pee on everything!! I try to play with him and he will do it once and then sniff something and ignore me!!!

Then we went over to the small dog park..he acted the same way lol Then this older lady came in with a maltese, Well the maltese stayed over by the owner, wanted nothing to do with Peanut, then this other lady came in with like 3 chiuahhas...one of the chi's ran right up to Peanut and snipped at him!! Luckly Peanut is fast and moved away!!!

I am starting to get sick of the dog park, I wish he would run and play, but he doesn't and it happens everytime we go!! lol

Do you guys think maybe the dog park isnt for peanut??
DH HATES the dog park he says "all it is, is letting your dogs run around in other dogs piss and poo!!"

ergh! I am frustrated.. Do any of your furbabies act like Peanut?? or is Peanut a special one!! I see"Brister" Jackson in his pics and he LOVES the dog park!!
sounds like peanut is having a blast at the dog park. he is wandering around, sniffing and peeing, and seeing what all the dogs in the area have been up too. Morgan does the same thing. she walks around the park sniffing and peeing on everything she can. she does run up to the other dogs to say hi but then wanders off again. she'll only really get into a good play if there is a dog her size there that has the same play style. she's submissive and doesn't like to be hounded by the more in your face type dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespandp View Post
OK so let me ask you this too.. To see if I am not the only OCD person

We always will walk to the dog park just bc it is so close and peanut has like tons of energy, When you take Rockie to the dog park or just a regular walk for that matter do you wash his mouth and feet off with a baby wipe?? Because when we get home from the dog park esp I feel peanut is soooo dirty and he comes on the couch and the bed with those dirty pee feet!! Lol so I will usually give him a bath if it has been over a week 1/2 but if it hasnt I will wipe him down with a baby wipe!!

Am I crazy??
Our dog parks aren't grass, they are pebble like so when morgan gets home i usually give her a bath because she's covered in dust. If she wasn't dusty i wouldn't bother.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!