View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #10
Dame
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellbuzz07 View Post
thanks everyone for your responses... the reason i started this new food is because bell was on prescription food for a year that she has been doing well on but the ingredients are not so good. she has to be on a lower protein food because she had liver shunt which she had surgery for, but her liver's not perfect. so, i found a vegetarian food she actually likes!! and now... lots of poo!! i wish i could feed raw!! always wanted to unfortunately, not gonna happen for my girl. i think i'll keep her on this food for maybe a few months and see what happens. if anyone has suggestions for a low protein food let me know!

thanks
The veggie food might the key then? I know the big ingredients in the NB Veg. is Rice, Oats, & Barley. Those ingredients have a lot of... bulk to them and they are the main ingredients in there. I don't know what you feed but if its similar it would explain the increase in stool since the grains don't get broken down as much as meat as a main ingredient would.

If its something she does well on (and the amount is the concern and not the consistency) I wouldn't worry about it.
Dame is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!