View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
cinnamonmon
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Help my Maltese is sick again...vomiting, restless

I have a 10yr old Maltese. In the last month and a half she has had two episodes of vomiting and diarrhea...the last was diarrhea only. We took her to the vet both times, the first time they gave her fluids, meds, and antibiotics. She was fine the next day. The second time which was about 3 weeks later they did the same but also took xrays and did blood work...didnt find anything and she was better later that day. (after spending over $200)
So tonight again, right out of the blue she vomits, a large amount twice...looks like undigested food though i didnt see her eat alot. (I have 3 so sometimes its hard to tell who does what)
After the vomiting she cannot settle down. She seems active and happy,tail wagging, but also seems distressed. She is pacing, keeps wanting to go outside even though she doesnt do anything most of the time. Earlier she ate grass and I was hoping she would vomit again and get it out, but she didnt. I dont know if she has had diarrhea...it is dark out and I know she went but I couldnt see if it was loose or not.
I cant afford another emergency vet appointment even though I have one 5 mintues away. If I have to take her, I will but I am hesitant since both times before she seemed fine so quickly and Im not sure anythign they did made the difference.
The thing that worries me is that she cant settle down. I cant think of anythign she could have gotten into...we are very careful, no little kids around. I did give her a small piece of low fat bacon earlier today but I cant believe that caused this...at least I pray not. I only gave her a little piece. I put out her regular food though not sure if she ate..
I just dont know what to do. If it was just vomiting and diarrhea...I would at least wait till tomorrow, but at this rate I wont get any sleep anyways. She keeps barking at us to take her outside and then when we come back in, she paces.
cinnamonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!