Thread: ugh! Fleas!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
jenn1381
YT Addict

Default ugh! Fleas!!!

So, I think little Oliver has fleas. He's been scratching a lot, just under the crook of his hind legs. So, I picked him up and laid him on his back and I sware I did see something running on his skin. I rushed out to Walmart (only thing open at this time of the night!) hoping to get some flea shampoo. They had NONE! All they had was Hartz flea and tick drops. I bought it, but did some research before using it, and will NOT be using it on Oliver. I will return it tomorrow.

My issue is, what do I do now? Freeway got fleas once in his lifetime, and it cost me almost $100 to treat at the vet. Is that really necessary, especially for a mild case? It took me a while to figure out what was wrong with Freeway, so it was a much larger problem by the time I figured it out. Are there any all natural solutions that I can do on my own? Anything I can wash him with that will kill the fleas and not hurt him?

I'm just really glad I researched before I used the Hartz drops. The main ingredient is permethrin, which is toxic to cats - I know Oliver is a dog, but it still doesn't sound like something that would be good for him!

I'm off to vacuum and wash bedding... ugh. Just what I wanted to be doing on a Saturday night!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!