Thread: Carrots??!!
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 12:48 AM   #8
Dame
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post
Well, I'm not an authority,but I have given my Yorky carrots before and had no problems with runny stools,(or any other gastric problem) from them. A friend,(with several Yorkies) gives her dogs carrots and she mentioned it helped clean their teeth too. Whether it is true?
Abby and me
Back when my first yorkie Barry was still alive he got carrots all the time. Our vet had greatly suggested feeding him carrots & green beans as treats/training incentives since he had luxating patellas and weight was a big concern. We fed them all the time since as far as our vet was concerned... we could give them as a free for all since they're most fiber and low in calories. Barry adored carrots and I used to look for the really big ones at the store because he'd chew on em like they were bones.

We never had diarrhea though. Ironicly, aren't carrots are sometimes used to help treat diarrhea? Not sure if that would be true in dogs though.

I don't know if the teeth cleaning this is true, but we never did have tartar issues with Barry!
Dame is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!