View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 07:41 AM   #8
lillymae
YT 3000 Club Member

That's exactly what's wrong with her. Do not take her toys away it will only stress her more. And fortunately I knew the signs because 14 1/2 yrs ago during my 1st year working for a vet my 6 mo old american eskimo did this only she wasn't in heat when she was spayed nor did she ever have false PG. She is now 15 yrs old and still neurotic from it. I mean she is not the same dog she was before the spay. If your vet has never heard of this you need to call around till you find one who has. The vet I use for my pets now has heard of it , but not really a name for it. He says they need HRT rite away just like a woman who has had a historectomy. Most dogs can be weened off the HRT after a bit. But you need to find someone to help her ASAP. I would not give her any more pain meds as pain is not her problem. She may be reacting to the surgery or the stitches as you can feel little pokes from both and this is normal. She is staying away to care for her false puppies and panting from stress not pain. Also anti depressants can sometimes help.
If she tends to be hypoglycemic just keep an eyr out for that as the stress takes up energy so keep her hydrated and give nutrical.

Last edited by lillymae; 09-11-2009 at 07:43 AM.
lillymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!