View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 07:46 PM   #11
BayAreaDesigner
Yorkie Yakker

Thanks for the good info. I didn't find that information prior to my decision. Now that I have made the choice I was looking for some constructive advice from him to move forward, not to give one back. I really don't want to consider that. I can use some of he advice in the article too. I have them in a 5 day a week puppy daycare that separates the puppies from the other dogs. There are only 5 puppies in their area and they have a dedicated puppy nurse/trainer. They focus on socialization skills, appropriate play. They reinforce potty training and do some obedience training. The pups will get a weekly report card. Next month 10/7 they get spayed. The daycare provides convalescent care as well. As for all the work it takes, well I didn't have any idea about how much work it would take so I have nothing to compare it to. I'm 59 and single. To me, it's just work. I didn't expect it to be easy with just the one. I knew early on I would have more than one. My thought was to only go thru this puppy stage ONCE. If I waited until Lily was older I don't think I would do it. My own children are 12 yrs.
BayAreaDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!