View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #1
Kyralayloni
Yorkie Yakker

Default Help Help buprenorpine reaction after spayed

I need help heres background, My ayla was spayed on tuesday and she was perscribed metacam .2mil once a day for 3 days. Did ok but on wensday she has jumped on couch and tried to play to hard but I stopped that. She has been whining about what to expect but last night she just couldnt get confey she even slept on our bed and she normally crawls in her crate on her own when I come to bed she also has not been drinking water so I added about 2 tablespoons to each meal, she is homecooked she also has alergies right now too, but since surgery that seems to not be bothering her. So today I called told them what she had done and my concerns and they say bring her in. I did and she says everything was ok no damage to incesion no real swelling. So she said she may need some pain meds for today and tommorow and then she should be fine. I asked what the side effects to watch for and she said it was fine and that I could continue to give her the last of the metacam. They percribed her buprenorphine .01mils. Well I gave it to her at 12:00 when I got home mixed in her meal (she skipped her morning meal) and she ate most of it but not all so she didnt even get a full dose. but she finally slowed down for about 2 hrs. but then she woke up with super girl power omg she was running around panting and it wasnt hot and was so excited to see dh I had to go to work so didnt seem bad then but I guess she cont. to pant, she doesnt do this hardly at all. She went around whinning with a toy in her mouth even she could find were to sit or even what room to go in. So then my husban after about 11/2 of this called the vet they said bring her in at first they thought that the vet gave her a dose but she didnt. they said that she must be allergic to it but if we wanted to cont. it we could try can you believe that no no no oh i wish I was the one to bring her in well they gave her nothing for the reaction and she still at 6 pm having anxity and running around whinning know its 7;30 and she has crashed. oh she has started to have a little runny stool but still somewhat solid. I cant believe they didnt give her Epinephrine so her gums or little pale but when I push on them the blood goes and comes back ok not as fast as I would like. She was hypoglycimia so this is a test I do to her when watching for signs. Not sure what to do. Her temp. was ok and heart rate was normal its been almost 8 hrs. she is sleeping know but I am scared she may not wake up. Help
Kyralayloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!