View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #1
LaurenMarie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Socializing Bella

Bella is currently a year and half. Due to not socializing her with other dogs when she was at a prime age, she is now afraid. She doesn't like warlking around the block and puts the "breaks" on once we get to the end of the driveway. I have brought her to the dog park on several occasions (four total in the past week and a half) to try to get her to play with the dogs. Instead, she'll sit near my feet, tail tucked in and butt on the floor to hinder the other dogs from sniffing. If I sit down while at the dog park, she will jump on my lap and if I'm not sitting, she'll jump on someone's lap who is (regardless if she knows the person or not, lol).

Should I continue bringing her here even if it is at first stressful, or should I just allow her to be the homebody she is (and she is a VERY happy homebody, I might add). And is there anything I can do? The dogs she are around are usually her size, a little bigger or a little smaller. She was even terrified of the 4 month old yorkie that was a good 1-2 pounds.

I really cannot afford the socializing class Petsmart/Petco has and would like some advice.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Socializing Bella-dscn0689.gif  
LaurenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!