View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 12:36 PM   #3
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Well, I found 2 C size batteries and finally was able to give it a test run. I was surprised, it's actually fairly quiet running. My elder dog did the best with it, poor guy, probably cause he's been my guinea pig the longest. It does a good job, no bleeding or discomfort at all. It takes longer than if I had used snips, but generally less stressful. The spinning parts are all covered so with minimal concern for the hair it never got caught up in the moving parts as is prone to happen with a Dremel or similar tool. It's comfortale to hold and use, my hand never got crampy which can happen with me alot. It's lighter than I expected, and very safe and easily controlled.

The cons: They need to make a mini model for dogs with little toes. Difficult to hold a toe and insert it into the hole far enough to reach the grinder drum. This is what was most uncomfortable for him. But we were able to do all his nails, and no additional filing was necessary as is the case with snips.
I will have to take the time to get my other 2 dogs to where they will accept the thing. But neither freaked out too badly, The vibration which is minor seems to be the biggest hurdle. Wish me luck!

Last edited by kjc; 09-10-2009 at 12:39 PM.
kjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!