View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #27
RachelandSadie
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
If you read the posts here, I don't think anyone's blaming the dog. I have read your same type of reply on other similar threads where a pit bull was involved in the death of a child or dog. People are always worried about the pit bull reputation. I'm confused by this, shouldn't some breeds have a worse reputation when this happens over and over to them? People are still going to buy these breeds, but maybe they would be a little more careful if they really did believe that their dog could be dangerous. I agree it's always the owners fault, but breeders should also be cautious to whom they sell these dogs and make sure that the buyer is ready for the commitment of a specific breed. We must also remember that some pit bulls are bred for the ring.
i wasn't saying anyone on here was blaming the dog, just in general around KCMO i hear a lot of people that blame the pits and are banning the pits from being owned in cities around here. they can be a dangerous dog and they have been bred for the ring which is a sad thing IMO. i agree whole heartedly with you that pits need to be placed in a home that the owner is fully capable of training and handling one and breeders should be responsible and breed them for pet purposes not for fighting and home them to people who understand the breed and have researched and know what they are getting into and can handle the aggression that sometimes comes out in a pit's personality. it's the same with rots and pinchers and other large dogs with attitude, they need to be taught correctly how to interact with people and animals so they don't become aggressive and vicious dogs...

you and I totally agree on this!
RachelandSadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!