View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #26
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelandSadie View Post
it makes me so sick to know that these poor pit bulls get such a bad reputation every time something like this happens. pit bulls are not at fault for just being a breed of dog for all of these violent things on the news, it is ALWAYS the owner's fault that something happened or that they were not in control of their dog...now yet another poor innocent pit puppy was put down because some stupid human didn't know how to train them, handle them, and for crying out loud "watch their baby"

If you read the posts here, I don't think anyone's blaming the dog. I have read your same type of reply on other similar threads where a pit bull was involved in the death of a child or dog. People are always worried about the pit bull reputation. I'm confused by this, shouldn't some breeds have a worse reputation when this happens over and over to them? People are still going to buy these breeds, but maybe they would be a little more careful if they really did believe that their dog could be dangerous. I agree it's always the owners fault, but breeders should also be cautious to whom they sell these dogs and make sure that the buyer is ready for the commitment of a specific breed. We must also remember that some pit bulls are bred for the ring.

Join today and remove this ad!