View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 06:25 AM   #7
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristy47 View Post
I was just going to start getting Orijen for Sophie. I was reading this and from what I can tell, the problem was the levels of irradation used in Australia. I know food that comes into the U.S. is also irradated to a degree (even the food WE eat that comes imported, but from this article, it may not be to a higher degree. It also states that they are thinking that it could also be a species sensitivity in this case that only applies to felines. From all the people on here who use Orijen, I would think that it still may be ok here.

Here's the article VIN News

Anyway, I didn't realize wellness was being sued. I was going to feed her wellness but have decided against it. The thing is, most all commercially made pet foods are going to have SOMETHING in them that could potentially harm our babies. Unless you are able to feed raw or homecooked meals, you are going to be succeptible to this. And you never know about raw or home cooked meals, too. I mean you know what YOU are putting in them, but how do you know you might not get tainted veggies or meat, too? The bottom line is that whatever we feed our furbabies, we have to be careful and read everything on the label and know what we are feeding.

Personally, I'm probably still going to go with Orijen or Merricks for Sophie, but I just haven't decided.
I agree. I think that there's always going to be issues regarding food, human
and pet and we're just going to have to go with our gut, research and know that
we are making the right decision. Bottom line, I feel better feeding a higher quality
food over Pedigree, Purina, etc, but there was also thousands upon thousands of
dogs who thrived on those Kibbles n Bits type foods for years and were as healthy as can
be. So, it's such a sticky situation. Either way, I like the ingredients in the food I am
feeding and I feel comfortable with it and there's not much more I can do but sit back
and hope I made the right healthy decision for my dog.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!