View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 04:17 PM   #22
Robin Lodal
♥ Love My Furbabies ♥
Donating Member

Ok - doctor update.

At 10:30am they decided to try taking her off of her dextrose again (last night they tried this and her glucose bottomed out so they put her back on it). It has been consistent all day, staying above 100 w/o it.

She is still not eating on her own and having to be syringe fed. They are going to try a few different brands of foods to see if she will favor one over the other. What they are doing now for her food is taking canned soft food, water, and a bit of baby food and blending it together. One thing she said is that she will need 1/2 can a day spread out (I am assuming I will get the full recipe tomorrow). I am not sure where all I can get the food, so I am debating just buying a whole case while I am down there.

She does get up every now and then to use her potty pad (what a smartie!) and is very responsive to the students and staff.

They did notice a little bit of fresh blood in her stool but they think its from giving her enemas to flush out the toxins.

The medicines she will be on are: Lactulose, Neomycin, and Denamarin. I asked about the alternative to Denamarin and she had never heard of it, so she said that she would look it up tonight. They are going to begin all of these meds tonight.

I asked her a few other questions and from those I learned: I need to weigh her everyday to at least make sure she is maintaining. Do not expect much weight gain. I can check glucose with a human machine and to use her ears for that. She should be healthy enough for her 2nd booster shot next week. She should not be left alone for long amounts of time (especially no longer than 2 hours which is feeding time).

Depending on how she does w/o the Dextrose tonight will determine tomorrow and coming home. We are hoping her glucose is consistent. I will get a phone call in the morning for an update. If she is good to go, I can pick her up between 5-7 and I will keep her at my in laws (about an hour and a half away) for the night and then travel the rest of the way home the day after.

I am very nervous about bringing her home but very excited at the same time. I will keep you all updated with pictures, videos, etc.

~ Robin ,Max,
Molly, Dozer& kitties, Toby & Lucy
RIP - Ginger, Abby, Conway, &Simon
Robin Lodal is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!