View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 08:19 AM   #13
cajungal
YT Addict

My mom and I already tried that too. There were no yorkies. They did have some puppy mill rescue yorkies. As much as I want to help those yorkies, it was too sad for me to look at. I would cry everytime I see their photos or hear their horrifying story. We would not be able to keep up with their medical bills financially. We of course, took Lacey to the vet for her shots and her heart guard once a month. We were always very up to date with that. But, Lacey rarely got sick. But, when she got kidney failure, we had to take her to the vet to get a fluid shot every other day. $16 for 3 times a week. It got very expensive, but we did whatever it took to keep her alive. Until it got to the point, where not even the fluid was helping. So, that is why my mom had to put her to sleep. She would not eat and was too weak to even get out her bed.

I put a local internet ad out. And this lady just contacted me from Houma. (Houma is only a 15 minute drive from here.) She is going to be breeding her yorkies soon. The only thing is that her prices for females is $900! I can't afford that. I can only afford $650 at the most. And even that is beyond what we can afford, but I really want one more than anything. Maybe I can try to talk her down on the price. It is worth a shot. But, we really wanted on in time for Christmas. Christmas is going to be sad enough without my Lacey. And even if her dog got pregnant right away, it would be 2 months before she gave birth. And another 2 months before the puppies can go home. So, we are looking at March if we went with her. We will keep checking ads of our local paper, but no luck so far.

If you want to see pictures of Lacey, I now have them on the photo gallery on the main page. It is under members galleries.
cajungal is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!