View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 07:51 AM   #7
dwerten
BANNED!

omg robin i had no idea you were dealing with all this I feel so bad for you

First off you were a great GE buddy hope that made you smile

second what a great breeder to have done this and take responsibility

- please make sure your male and female are bile acid tested as well as the other puppies to find out if any issues before it becomes this severe

ok you are in the best hands for sure with dr tobias she is awesome

lactulose is to get her to poop out the toxins in her body since the liver is not functioning right she needs help releasing those toxins

antibiotic is to keep infection down

is it denamarin the other thing as that is sam-e and milk thistle which cleanses the liver - you can also add juiced zucchini as that naturally cleanses the liver as well and put that on her food

hill's LD is a good diet and the wet food she may eat more than dry - if she will not cook in oven and you can treat her with that

you need to join this group NOWWWWWW they will help you day and night- just go to yahoogroups.com and search liver shunt and this will pop up

Liver_Shunt_And_MVD_Support@yahoogroups.com

sounds like you are in good hands and she is going to be ok

I will never understand someone getting a puppy and when things go bad just putting them down as dogs cost money if they get sick so why do people not think of this before getting a dog oh well at least you did the right thing and it is genetics so your others do need ot be tested and the one that has it I would have fixed so it does not happen again down the line and any puppies they had i would call the owners as it can creep up 3 years later and then they can have acquired shunts and multiple which cannot be operated on - if they find one when small they can fix and they can live a normal life so important to catch when young and have all yorkie and maltese bile acid tested
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!