View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #15
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

I am so sorry. i did not know. I have lost three and my heart broke each time. I held one little girl in the palm of my hand wrapped in a warm cloth and cried and prayed over her for what seemed forever after I had done everything I could to save her. This last litter I lost one little girl at 12 days for no reason that anyone could find. it is so heartbreaking people that don't breed, don't have a clue. And each time it happens I say I am done then I get the strength to go on thinking about all the beautiful, healthy babies I hae had.
I must be honest that is why I don't breed. There is so much more to the process then just putting together two dogs. I just feel it needs to be left up to those of you that know what you are doing and even with all that knowlege things happen. Again I am so sorry for your loss. I know I would be absolutly devestated if that were to happen so I pray everything goes well.
We have had Lacey in our home for 61 days now. So we will see.

Thank you, it was horrible.....

But the reason I posted this, was because; I hear everyone being so excited about their girls being pregnant and the can't wait until the puppies are here. I understand the excitement.....and it is a happy event, but it is also very scarey.

But, once I've bred my girls and I do so reluctantly and not very often, I begin to worry......are they eating, I hope they didn't concieve too many eggs, are they going to need a C-section, are they going to absorb, or carry to term. I always pray they carry until day 60 of their 2nd breeding....then I know the pups have had enough cooking time.

Oh! she did deliver 4, I still have a boy and girl breathing, fat and sassy......
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!