View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 03:25 PM   #12
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmperez View Post
So true "a watched pot never boils"!! Well I did get a little nervous about this drop in temp so I just called to talk to my vet and because we are unsure of when she was bred they were a little concerned and asked that I bring her in just to be on the safe side.

She is confirmed of 4 puppies and they are all lined up at this time correctly and ready to go. The puppies right now look as if they willl not present a probelm with their size but since we are not sure when she will deliver the vet sad they are still growing, so we are hoping for a soonner delivery date. She did say that the tibula is visual on x-ray which apparently means it is getting close, but the vet was unable to say how close. We do know that she is not over due. Sooooo again I wait but feeling a little more at ease that things right now are looking good. By the way her last set of teats blew up today with milk from this morning to the afternoon.
I will share with you my experience and it just happened to me two weeks ago. I have a little girl that was exactly on day 58........but, she was huge, low to the ground.......Well she went into labor on day 58 and delivered on day 59......I lost two of the puppies.....the were premature......their lungs weren't fully developed...I did everything, Dopram V, Sub-Q to keep them alive. I lost one within 24 hours, the other at a week old......It was the first time in my breeding, I had ever lost puppies.......talk about heart wreching......Nothing is worse than hearing a lil one gasping for breath and mother besider herself.............she tried nursing them till the end.

So, don't wish to hard on her having them soon......she'll have them when she's ready.....hopefully later in her whelping time
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!