Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #7
twilson28
Yorkie Yakker

Hi everyone,

We did the second round of blood work and urine tests and the liver enzymes sky-rocketed. ALT was 360, now 950 and AST was 80 and now 267. Obviously, I'm completely devastated and I'm barely getting through all this. My little Chewy is an angel and just the best little doggy and I'm devastated he's going through this. We got the bad results on Saturday and the Vet has been closed over Labor Day...so Chewy is going in tomorrow for his bile acid test and the ultrasound.

I'm going to ask that the bile acid test be done first, and then the sedated ultrasound. My husband and I both work, so we're dropping him off in the AM to get everything done. The Vets and technicians all love him there, so they'll play with him and give him lots of love and kisses. I'm also going to direct my Vet that if she sees anything weird on his liver, that while Chewy is sedated, that she immediately do a biopsy so we don't waste more time and go through another trip to the vet and another round of being sedated....

I'm getting frustrated now and I just want answers! I want to know what is wrong with him, and how we can fix it! He's only 2 yrs. old and I'm flipping out about all of this.

Everyone who reads this, please please say a little prayer for my little boy...I'm in a weird situation....I want them to find nothing, so I know its not something serious like liver disease, liver cancer, or liver shunt...but at the same time, then I'll still be where I am now, confused and clueless as to what is wrong with my little boy.
twilson28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!