View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #14
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

OMG! I can't imagine, he was soooo scared! Poor baby! This may bother him for life! I hope not .... you may need to do socialization all over. You may want to take him to the vet just for a check up, and some suggestions on what you can do for him. He'll probably end up with a bout of collitus anyway after that one! (and give the bill to the beagle owner ???) And the psychological stress even you suffered! It's a shame we can not walk our dogs without being armed! My neighbor carries a big stick. Other neighbor keeps a baseball bat handy. I want a tazer (sp?) but they're illegal here in Maryland! And the Big dog owners don't worry because their dog won't be the one getting hurt or killed! My neighbor owns two pitts, well one's a mix. They've attacked a groundhog and a racoon in the past year. And the pitt's not utd on rabies. She asked me to temp her dog yesterday a week after the racoon incident, and I said sorry, no way, I'm not going to risk that. I tried explaining the risk of rabies to them when it happened ... but it's like they just don't (won't) get it. Well, I hope everything works out for the both of you. I have to go now and check my fences! The only other thing I can offer is if he starts dreaming, you know the feet going a mile a minute or barking while his eyes are closed, I'd wake him up (carefully) before he gets too far into the dream (nightmare).
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!