View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #5
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your sweet Angel. Many hugs and prayers to you and your family that hopefully may help you all get through this most trying of times.
My first Yorkie passed away August 24, 2000. I was very sad most of the time, and cried alot. My two other dogs were greiving also, but I think they were more upset because I was so sad and not acting like myself. I was making it through the days but it wasn't right. I'd wake every morning and make a serious attempt to be happy, but I just couldn't pull it off. I tried for two years! Then, one day, I woke up and realized I needed a Yorkie in my life. The search was on. Within two months I had adopted one from the humane society, and the change in my miserable life was immediate. The next day I woke up smiling! My face actually hurt from not using my smile/laugh muscles for so long. I will never wait that long ever again.
I think that all our lives are in God's hands. When it is time to go, you go. Going isn't hard, staying behind is. I knew my first Yorkie wouldn't have wanted me to be so sad for so long. And when I thought about it, maybe her time came because God loved her and chose her, and another Yorkie here needed me to help out with a home and care and love that I had to give. I had space in my house and a huge hole in my heart that needed filling, and my new friend surely helped to do just that. I still cried some, but when that new little face ran up to me and looked into my eyes, my tears literally turned to laughter. I cannot be sad with a Yorkie around, and I won't ever be without one again. The change in the other two dogs was immediate also. Their faces perked up and they stopped moping around. I could tell they weren't crazy about having to put up with another little alpha monster, but if it made their Mommy happy, it was worth it!
Sorry for the long story ... but that is the only way I can look at a Yorkie's passing, and have it make any sense. Yorkies are so smart and full of life and loving, death is just so much the opposite of the way they are in life it just doesn't seem to belong in the cycle. I realize now that is where my pain comes from...

Rest in Peace Sweet Angel...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!