View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 06:33 AM   #1
mrsrice
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 036 Walking in his mess

Hi everyone...

I am new to the community and thankful I found this website because I am a first time yorkie owner and have some questions about my puppy that I have been dying to ask!

My baby's name is Oliver and he is 6 months old. We got him at 4 months. He took to potty training pretty well...goes outside and potties during the day, and when we are sleeping he uses the pee pad consistently. However, he will not poop outside. And not only does he poop in the house, but he will step all over it and play in it, and bring it into his bed! Thankfully we have tile and wood flooring throughout our house, but I am getting tired of this behavior and I don't know how to break him of it.

Second, I know this is common but my puppy has been nibbling a lot on people's fingers, and as he is getting older of course it is hurting a bit more! He has even been biting on the groomer and I'm not sure how to work on this with him. I have tried telling him "no" and giving him a toy when he is biting. Not sure what else to do.

My husband and I would like to get him to follow commands such as "sit" and "get your toy" and maybe do some tricks. He is very good at balancing on his hind legs and I would like to teach him something where he can use that "talent." Any suggestions on this, too?

Oliver is a sweet and loving puppy and has been the BEST companion for my husband and I. We are so happy to have him a part of our family! I would love to hear your thoughts on these problems we have been having. Thank you so much!

mrsrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!