View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
angeleyes
YT Addict

Unhappy Need help with the barking thing myself!

My little Belle is a Morkie but has the attitude of her mama the Yorkie! She has decided to be the neighborhood monitor from our livingroom window. Squirrels, bunnies, people, especially kids of bikes. She gets to barking and gets so excited she doesn't know what to do. If someone passes by to the North, she runs to the back door as they must be coming in there. If they are going South, she runs to my bedroom window as they must be coming in there. Have tried the squirt gun, worked for a day until that became fun. Switched to the bigger squirt bottle, that was fun after the second day. Tried the sonic noise collars, paid no attention to that. She did manage to chew through the collar in about half an hour. We aren't sure what to do next. We've tried positive and negative things and nothing works. Now, she has decided she likes to watch TV. She sits and watches like no dog I've ever seen. She loves Wheel of Fortune and follows Vanna back and forth across the screen. Hates anything with animals, jumps at the screen and barks then runs around to look behind as they must be back there. Even the news, anyone running or playing ball is fair game. My husband is totally frustrated with her and says we need to hang the TV from the ceiling. Surprising how high these little dogs can jump. Anyone with suggestions please help. I had a book called No Bad Dogs that we were reading, but Belle chewed it up. Not surprised!

Last edited by angeleyes; 09-07-2009 at 09:42 PM.
angeleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!