View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
jc212
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default My sweet little boy no longer?

My boyfriend and I have bee a little lax on the training lately and it showed in rare form yesterday. We went to visit our friend and her new little puppy. He tried to eat all of the puppy's food, started barking his head off when I placed their cat food out of reach, kept barking in general, rubbed himself (like a cat) all over their new couch, and managed to claim his territory THROUGH a belly band on their drapes. I realized that my little boy has no manners whatsoever! Have I been blinded by love to see this before ? I don't want him to behave like a spoiled brat.

1. It was a good wake up call. We've been meaning to correct his pulling during walks forever. I'm on Day 2 of loose leash training and we managed to walk 1/4 of a block without pulling. One step at time- we have a long road ahead of us.

2. We already have him wait before entering and exiting and before we give him his meals. Should I have him wait for permission before joining us on the couch or bed? He does sleep with us at night.

3. Lately, barking has been a huge issue with Chase as well. He barks when he drops a toy and wants us to pick it up. Barks when we're eating. Barks when he's wants his own way. I know consistency is the key and I should ignore him when he does this. I am guilty of occasionally giving in... any other suggestions that might help?

Please help with any tidbits, suggestions, or your own stories!

PS- Chase is the sweetest little Yorkie in the world most of the time .
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!