View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarile View Post
Last night sami woke me up 5 am he was crying in pain, at first I thought it was constipation, but when i saw him shake his head and then I checked his ears he winced, so I made a appt right away, the DR said he had an ear infection and also wanted to give him his vacine rabbie etc.. also a injection
of antibiotic. well since I brought him home from his appt at 10:00 he has been vomiting all day at least every ten to 15 min, it started out as somewhat foamy yellow but more on the scrambled egg looking yellow (sorry)
I thought ok he needs to eat so I gave him a little bit of chicken (real) and about a hr 1/2 he threw that up only it was yellow, well as the day went by his throw up started looking a little brownish? so I freeked called the emergency(vet closed at 12) vet and the person I talked to said since he was given medication and a rabbies vacine more than likely that is the problem, ok but what about the bile turning brownish? no answer? told me not to worry, so I would like to know if anyone's yorkie have an ear infection and what symptoms did he or she display? could you please give me your ideas on this?
well i would look into a new vet myself as it says on rabies vaccination in healthy dogs only so why the heck did he give that to your dog with an infection -- i would be really upset and then to do an antibiotic shot on top of it -- sorry but your vet has a red check mark with me -- Antibiotics can make them sick to their stomach and a reaction to rabies vaccine can make them sick -- Most vets give an ointment to put in ear for an ear infection not an antibiotic shot I would withhold food for 12 hrs and let him rest his stomach and make sure he is getting water. Did he give oral antibiotics? Hopefully he just gave some ear ointment like panalog for ear infection and no oral as oral antibiotics have to be given with food or will upset the stomach and a shot of anything is stronger than pill form as it is fast acting -- what was the name of the antibiotic shot?
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!