View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 09:43 AM   #74
topknot
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Sometimes things are beyond our control, like my daughter having a brain tumor and struggling for a year with one surgery after another. Everyone has to set priorities and while I would have loved to be showing it was more important for my grandkids have food, utilities, etc. Now that that is all behind us I hope things will start getting better. While I would love showing, I consider it more of a hobby and not something that is essential. I do hope you are able to pursue your dream as you never know when tragedy will strike.

A dear friend of mine who is in her 70ies watching tv a week ago with her husband and she went into a coma and has not woke up yet. She has a big blood clot in the back of her head. It sure does not look good for her. They have been married 59 years. So sad.
I am glad that your daughter is better. I hope your friend gets better real soon. My hubby and I just celebrated our 32 anniversary in August. And - I know how hard times can be. I think we have all been through our shares. My hubby had a massive heart attack back 4 years ago - right when I was thinking of returning back to showing and bought two yorkies. He actually died for 3 minutes and the doctors were able to bring him back and then went through a triple by-pass. He had to go back to the hospital two different times right after that, due to other complications and was life flighted once and 911 called. Luckily he recovered, but of course he was out of work after his recovery, which lasted a long time. So I know how rough times can get. I remember not be able to use my dryer, even though I had one, since I could not pay for the electric to run it. I also have had some other up and down moments in my life as well - just as tough. I was lucky to have my yorkies and they helped me through those times. I do not know what I would have done without my yorkies. I think because of their help and love they gave me I owe it to them to do my best, reason I too save up and go to shows, research and learn everything I can to help the breed. It also gives my family and I quality together times to make memories. It is so easy to sit at home for me, but those times do not make memories - I guess what I am saying is that we learned how important life is and you have to go after your dreams and make those memories. I have to push myself!! Life is short, too short and it is family and friends that count most. So we make those times special and we try to make a difference.

Last edited by topknot; 09-05-2009 at 09:47 AM.
topknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!