Thread: Biting Yorkie
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
dsilves
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Biting Yorkie

I have a little 4 year old Yorkie that is spoiled rotten. Up until recently, we have had no problems with her. However, she has started attacking our 15 year old Keeshound. I can hardly get her off when she attacks and she has even drawn blood. We took her to the vets to see if the yorkie had anything wrong with her and nothing showed up. We put her on some medication to calm her a bit but lately she has started biting us. The other day my husband got his face too close to hers and she bit his nose. My grandson got too close to her face the other day and she attacked him. Although, when the grandkids come over she is so excited to see them that she jumps and licks them to pieces. She also when on a leash is trying to attack other dogs. I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with their Yorkie like this. I just don't understand it because it came on so sudden. After she bites we put her in a timeout. I'm at a loss on what to do but I can't have my dog biting my grandkids. Any suggestions. (This Yorkie has been our life for the past four years, goes everywhere with us. She is a purse dog and is never left alone).
Please Help, Nancie

Last edited by dsilves; 09-04-2009 at 03:49 PM.
dsilves is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!