View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 06:54 AM   #1
Squiter
Yorkie Talker

Omg Sticky Situation...Imagine if you can.....

Imagine.... one of those small lint rollers, the kind that are like sticky tape, that you can tear off the old non-sticky to reveal a new much stickier tape. Then....imagine....Sophie the curious 7-month old puppy with one of those sticky patches stuck to the FRONT OF HER FACE!

IT WAS AWFUL!!

Last night I was dusting my coffee table which has a groove that runs around the edge of the table. I am forever cleaning dust particles and crumbs from this groove. Well, last night there was something stuck in the groove and I could not get it out. I had one of those small lint rollers and thought that I could tear off one of the sticky sheets, fold it in half with the sticky side out, slide it through the groove and retrieve the reluctant crumb and be done. Not so!

Well...I am sitting on the sofa and Sophie is right next to me. She likes to be touching me (plastered up against me) when I sit on the sofa. Normally this is a good thing, she likes to cuddle while watching TV. As I tear the strip off of the roller she is intrigued by the tearing sound, jumps up and grabs that blasted sticky paper right out of my hand.

I wasn't quick enough and the next thing I see is Sophie with this paper plastered right over the front of her face struggling wildly to get it off. She can only see out of one eye. The other eye is stuck to the tape along with her nose and part of her muzzle. In trying to help her she becomes like a rabid dog, biting, hissing, and bucking. I can't blame her as I would be doing the same thing.

I knew that I could not just pull the tape off as it was stuck to her little eyebrows, forehead, and whiskers and I was having flashbacks of being a kid and having someone just rip a band-aid from my skin. OUCH!

It was me, my husband and son wearing leather gloves to avoid being seriously bitten, trying to free her from the tape. My husband kept telling me that maybe I just needed to leave the room. I think that he thought that I was going to pass out or something as I was very upset and trying so hard not to hurt my baby.

What finally worked, and kept Sophie calm was a warm wet washcloth. I took a warm washcloth and kept stroking her muzzle area like her mommy probably use to do and she calmed right down. This allowed us to be able to hold on to her hair next to the skin and start picking off the tape.

After an hour she was finally free....AND went straight to get her ball so we could play! Go figure. I am still completely traumatized and now she wants to play ball.

I would like to think that this might teach Sophie that curiosity is not such a good thing, but I doubt it. However, I learned my lesson. I don't think that I will be able to use a lint roller ever again.

Jana
Squiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!