View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
mscat
YT 3000 Club Member

Default Need some help with my 18m old yorkie!

Suzi has started to become what I fear , too aggressive towards our other little 4 month old puppy. Often times they play fine together, however lately, Suzi has started growling , biting her, not hard though, but most worrisome is , the puppy rolls over onto her back. Suzi goes for her Throat , neck area The puppy is a shih tzu with lot sof hair, it is hard for Suzi to actually bit down on her, However the puppy starts gagging at times , and I have seen Suzi try to use the shake method around the puppy's throat. I put a stop to it right away , and block Suzi , Suzi gets so keyed up playing with the puppy . The pup , Miely is about 5 Lbs, smaller then Suzi , and has very short legs.
It scares me when Miely gags . And only a few times have I heard a tiny yelp from Miely , she has never been hurt by Suzi . But, my main concern is how rough Suzi is beccomming . Miely does not have her teeth yet. the vet said they should have come in , but she only has her little puppy teeeth. The vet is watching this carefully .
When the roughhousing becomes bad, I do separate them.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!