View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 08:58 AM   #4
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wend View Post
Using the sire of the stud is a really smart idea! I had not thought of that. It makes perfect sense though!

Do you ask for the owner of the stud to produce documentation of the tests? I don't want to come across as pushy, but there are a ton of unscrupulous people that breed dogs. How can I nicely ask to see their documentation? I don't want to insult people, or their dog, but I want to see proof that the dog is what they are representing it to be.
Listen, you have every right to be pushy....it's your female and the future of her puppies.

Once you have picked your stud and ask for use of the stud....just ask the stud owners what has been done....and present your requirements and show what tests have been performed on your girl. Make sure that the stud contract has a repeat breeding in it, just in case the breeding doesn't produce a litter.

Now a bit of insight......look at your girl very criticially (and believe me I know that when we look at our dogs they are just beautiful to us), but do this with a trained eye. Look at her faults, and I know she has them.....there is no perfect dog. Look at her and see what you'd like to improve....that's how you go about finding your stud. Also, make sure that you look at him very critically, make sure he doesn't have faults that would intensify your girls or faults that you can't live with.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!