Old 09-03-2009, 08:56 AM   #7
MauiGirl
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
Welcome to YT.

This is where I get my girl's SAMe:
Denosyl | Denosyl for Dogs & Cats

They give you some money off if you buy 3 or 6 at a time.
Just use the search function at the top right of their site.
This one is Denosyl.
There is a newer product out called Denestra which I will be going to soon.
It is SAMe just the same as Denosyl...just a different manufacturer.
I think because entirelypets has such a good deal on it, I can get it for half of what I get Denosyl. Then there is Vetri DMG. Most vets haven't heard of it yet. It's a liquid and you can gie it with food. It is said to be the precursor to SAMe. It may be worth a look:
HomeVet Online Store
I think this is where most of our members get it, but it is also available on entirelypets.

As for milk thistle, there are a couple different options.
A lot of people like Hepatosupport because it has some really good vitamins for liver compromised dogs. If you want a product tht you don't have to add anything to, this is the one I'd get. Others like Marin. The problem with this is that for severely liver compromised dogs, the small amount of yeast and liver it contains is not good. Or you can go to your local vitamin store and get a bottle of milk thistle. It would be dosed on weight and should be given at least 3 times a day. You would also need to give vitamin e though (which you should be doing anyway).

Does that help?
Crystal, you are such a pro at this, thanks for putting all the info out there again. I'm going to print it to save for future reference. Thanks to you, Ladymom and others, my Tiki is doing very well and still symptom free.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!