Thread: training help
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #8
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiedaze View Post
Why did you two adopt when your not home for many hours at a time? I'm sorry, but I do feel very sorry for dogs that are left in a crate like that. It isn't normal for them. Dogs shouldn't be expected to hold their pee and poo for such a long time. It can also cause medical problems. Maybe you should think of re-homeing these two dogs and get a couple of cats.
I think that's unfair to say. People DO have to work. Just because you work a typical 9-5 job does NOT mean you can't own a dog - that's crazy. Then 90% of Americans wouldn't own pets. I do however think it's unfair to leave a dog crated for that long without a break. If you're planning on doing that, I think you'd have to make up for it by taking them for a longgg walk after dinner, or a dog park or something. I don't think there's anything wrong with crates, a lot of dogs love them, it's just the amount of time they should be in there.

To Benxiaohaivi, personally, I would try to block off a gated area of the house or get a big ex-pen of some sort to keep the dogs in and not a crate. You can also always find a local petsitter to come by once during the day and let them out, there's doggie daycares available (as crazy as that sounds!) etc. So you have many options.

What are your dogs names? How cute you got them both together. They should love growing up with each other.

As for food, some good brands are Innova, Wellness, Merrick's, Nature's Variety, Taste of the Wild, etc. I feed Jackson Innova and TOTW.

Last edited by Britster; 09-02-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!