Thread: Tummy Issues
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
lovespandp
♥Momma's Bambino♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Ace View Post
My husband and I are first time Yorkie owners and our little guy Ace has been having issues lately with diahrrea/soft stools. We had him to the vet on 8/17 when the issue first started. They did a stool sample and that came back negative. They recommended feeding him Kellogs all bran and beef. That worked for a few days but as soon as we put him back on his regular dog food (Royal Canin puppy 33) he started to have the runs again. I called the vet back and they recommended feeding him some canned science hills?? ID dog food. We tried that for a few days and his stools would be normal then mushy and then mucusy. Some other dog owners have recommended beef and rice and he has been on that ever since. He usually has one normal stool and as the day progresses the next is softer until the last is usually a pudding consistancy. Sorry if this is TMI. I am afraid to try and put him back on his regular food. The vet had said to switch to the adult royal canin for Yorkies but he is only 6 months old. They said the puppy formula could be to "rich" for him. Has anyone else heard of this?? He is also teething right now and losing teeth. Could that be causing this? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
I had problems with RC it gave peanut really soft poop as well...I hate any Science Diet "HILLS" food...Maybe try something with limited ingredents...I know Wellness has some and there are some others.. I just can't think right now. He just might have "sensitve tummy" issues..
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!