View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 12:06 PM   #10
BonBon
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBee View Post
I cut a piece of plywood, about 30" wide and 4 foot long. Got a hall runner rug at Wal-Mart and covered the plywood just rolling under at the top and bottom. The carpet runner caught on the rug in my bedroom and did not slide. I even got the runner in my washer when it needed it. I used this for a long time until I got a taller set of steps for my bed. It did stick out into the floor a bit but even the little puppies could use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
I have about 5 of these ramps. I used my own fabric (about 2 yards) and wrapped it up like a package. I used T pins under neath to hold the fabric in place. Then I bought some shelf liner (foamy like with little holes) and ran that down the ramp part for "traction control - LOL" These are perfect for the couch.

I have one upstairs in 'their room' that goes up to the spare bed. This is a regular bed height on a metal frame.
The bin is something like this:
http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid...=HPProd2936118
Then I put a standard bed pillow flat across the top and then a small throw blanket ontop of that. Then I push the ramp in front - with the traction control it doesn't move. It works for us, but you have to be comfortable
Now see, I don't have a creative or artistic bone in my body. I just cannot come up with ideas like these. You practically have to draw me a diagram! Great ideas, thank you!
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. -- Author Unknown
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!