View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #6
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonbon View Post
I'm actually thinking about ordering this one to put next to the couch. It's definitely a good deal. Do you like it? Did you order a cover for yours?

I'm trying to picture the setup you have in the bedroom but I'm sooo confused today! I'm thinking the bin must be tall, not like the ones I have that are only 10" or so high? They go from the ramp, onto the pillow on the bin, then onto the bed?

I'll need to think on that setup. Is it very stable? Alex has become so uncoordinated that a one peice setup would probably make me feel more comfortable. I am going to contact that vendor & see about getting a larger size, that's a great idea!
I have about 5 of these ramps. I used my own fabric (about 2 yards) and wrapped it up like a package. I used T pins under neath to hold the fabric in place. Then I bought some shelf liner (foamy like with little holes) and ran that down the ramp part for "traction control - LOL" These are perfect for the couch.

I have one upstairs in 'their room' that goes up to the spare bed. This is a regular bed height on a metal frame.
The bin is something like this:
http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid...=HPProd2936118
Then I put a standard bed pillow flat across the top and then a small throw blanket ontop of that. Then I push the ramp in front - with the traction control it doesn't move. It works for us, but you have to be comfortable
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!