View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 09:25 AM   #14
Lou
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally173 View Post
i think if the person work out of their home or office space then they dont need a tip; because they are keeping all that money to themselves; last time i took my dog for nail clipping and ear hair removal and the lady charged $25; no bath, brushing, teeth cleaning or anything; just nail clipping and ear hair removal
so i thought the $25 was good enough and no need for tip; since she only spent 15 to 20 minutes doing that; $25 for 20 min that's good enough i say
I remember reading and article about who to tip and how much. It said if you get your hair done by the owner of the salon you do not have to tip him/her but you should tip a shampoo person or stylist. So I took that information and applied it to our groomer. She has a small shop next to her house out in the country. (She is wonderful by the way) I don't tip her and have asked her in the past if I could give her extra and she turns it down. Of course she tries to turn down payment if SHE isn't satisfied with her cut. I've always been satisfied. So anyway I give her a huge Christmas present every year from the kids. Usually it is a gift card for however much we can afford at the time.

Gracie Skeeter Adie Tyler
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!