View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 07:07 AM   #2
beefcake09
Yorkie Talker

You need to retrain her. You need to be consistant and break her habbits. On the peeing whereever, does she actually know where you are putting the pee pads? Make sure you reward her when she goes on them. With Rupert he is potty traind to sit at the door and bark when he needs to go out, but if i dont show him where out is at a friends house he will pee on the floor instead.
When dogs play they nip, theres a few things you can do to solve this. When she tries to nip, make a loud sudden sound then give her a toy, so she knows biting hurts, but its ok to bite the toy. or whenever she bites your finger, shove your finger to the back of the jaw(not down the thorat), holding it open saying no bite (this is what i did, and it worked). Though Rupert only knows not to bite me, he still likes to nip at friends, still working on that.
Yorkies are very protective and loving, so they will want to sleep with you, and they will bark at things outside to protect you. Rupert always sleeps with me, and if he sees someone come in our lawn or sidewalk he barks at them, unless he knows them. If Rupert doesnt get to sleep with me, he wines as well, they just want to be close to you.
I have no problem with Rupert being on the furniture. But if you dont want her on yours you need to teach her its bad to jump up there. When she jumps up give her a tap on the but and tell her no so she knows its wrong.
I'm sure she isnt leash trained. Are you using a harness? If not you should try to switch to one, they seem to help. There is a good guide on wikihow on how to leash train that is really good. I was using it at first, but I dont even need a leash now. Rupert stays on my left, but my feet and watches me when we walk and doesnt run off. Though i only do this around my apartment, if I take him somewhere that I will let him roam around and there will be people there I dont know I would put him on a leash.
hope this stuff helps you.
beefcake09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!