Thread: peanut is sick
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
dwerten
BANNED!

they cannot get blood without sedating ??????? ok that is not good -- tell them to muzzle him and can you hold him and kiss him and pet him from behind while they pull blood so he is calmer - they should be able to especially if he is real sick - they pull from jugular so not good if they squirm but if they muzzle the muzzle calms them as it hits the back of the neck - they have to do this with my dd but one tech holds her from behind and i stand there and we pet her and tell her she is a good girl etc.

did you give any high fatty foods recently? what happened over the last 24 hrs since this occured?

How old is your pup? They are going to do blood work and see if alt is high and ask if they are doing spec cpli test for pancreatitis in house as the lab takes 3-4 days

I just realized it is 7:30 as i live in cali too so let us know how it goes and we can help you from there -- I have dealt with pancreatitis and can help you if this is the case and I have an mvd yorkie as well

hang in there this is a great group of knowledgeable people and we will help you out
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!