View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 12:18 PM   #1
sherile47
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Information Overload

I am fairly new to this site but am already addicted. I am now in information overload. I have had yorkies for the past 7 years and they have just been fine. We had a few issues but nothing major. I thought I was feeding them well by giving them Nutro Ultra Holistic Small Breed Adult. I got a new dog in March with issues which is how I found this site. After my obsessive reading of all threads, I feel so overwhelmed and so extremely lucky! The things that can go wrong, I had no idea!!
My female, Isabel, has started itching quite a bit, so I thought I'd switch her food (the food she finally lowered herself to eat 6 years ago). I switched to TOTW salmon and neither one would touch it. Now we are trying Natural Balance Potato and Duck. So, the advice that says keep them on the new food for 12 weeks, hmmm...I know a dog will not starve itself, but when they just refuse to eat, it's hard to hold out. Iz will eat the new stuff, Moses refuses. I refuse to buy 2 different foods. It's a good thing the pet store will let you return open bags of food. Any suggestions on what to try now? We tried Wellness 6 years ago and Izzy would not touch it. Mosey has a sensitive stomach, Izzy has a stomach of cast iron. Mosey is a baby at 13 months, Iz is 8 yrs old. I hate to keep switching around, I'm thinking of just going back to Nutro and trying something else for her itching.
sherile47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!