View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 07:55 AM   #13
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepixie12 View Post
Dont know if this will help you or not, but I go to a holistic vet and she told me that after the first rounds of shots (from baby to like 4-6 months) - distemper and rabies(the one year shot) they are done. She told me that he shouldnt need any more shots for the rest of his life unless he has a problem. But she recommended that I get a titer done just to make sure that he is still covered. Also she said in a year he will need to get the rabies 3 year shot and that was about it.

But I guess that its really up to you and your personal preferences too. i personally dont feel that all those chemicals are good for their little bodies, so thats why I am doing it like this.
Rabies is required by NYS Law, every 3 years. I don't want to do it either, but God forbid, one of my dogs bites someone and that person goes to the police, and the police find out my dog is not up to date with Rabies, they can take the dog, and it either has to go to quarantine, or they have to test the dog for rabies, and the only way to test for rabies is first by PTS the dog and they test the brain. Not worth it to me, so we will be continuing with the 3 yr rabies shot. Plus ER Vets and Speciality Hospitals won't admit the dog for surgery, etc without Vaccine Titers and Current Rabies shots

P.S. NYS will except titers for the other vaccines, HOWEVER currently they will NOT except the Rabies Titer (hopefully they chnage that in the future)

Last edited by TLC; 09-01-2009 at 07:56 AM.
TLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!